Monday, December 19

Trees All Aglow


Just a brief note tonight about what is foremost in my mind for the day. I have many visual triggers for inner peace and comfort. One of those things I only get to experience for a small part of the year. That happens to be a lit Christmas tree. My preference is white lights on an otherwise somewhat simply decorated tree (nix the elaborate ornaments and just throw on some cream/gold trimmed bows). The other requirement for full satisfaction, though, is gazing at this lit tree in the dark. The glow of Christmas lights just causes me to feel a calm that I've not really found in other sources of light. Perhaps the fact that this source of light is not overdone (spread throughout the entire year) helps to keep it a fresh source of enjoyment for me. Who knows...just one of the many things I have chosen to overanalyze. Happy holidays!

No comments: