Wednesday, June 7

Back Off!


For the first time ever, I made a trip to the Dunkin' Donuts on Lancaster Avenue in Bryn Mawr for an early morning, pre-work treat. As I was en route to my luscious destination, I felt as though I were on cloud 9. I've made my own hazelnut coffee at home in the morning, but I had never made the pilgrimmage to the actual Dunkin' Donuts establishment to buy an early morning cup to take to work. Most of this stemmed from pure laziness and lack of motivation to wake up a few minutes earlier to allow the time.

In any case, as I approached the store, I drove past the most crowded Starbucks in existence only to see that the parking lot was, for once, virtually empty. So, my confidence that I could make my trip an easy in and out at Dunkin' Donuts skyrocketed. What I failed to take into consideration was the very loyal and obviously earlier risers who support the Dunkin' Donuts establishment. Then, as I am attempting to turn into the parking lot, a very fancy unnecessarily fancy car comes into view over the horizon. The driver seemed to be on a mission, so I waited for him to pass...only to find that he, too, was headed for his Dunkin' D's. I felt severely cheated since this man did end up in line in front of me.

As I tried to exit the building, the line was backed up to its normal place, so my exiting required the woman standing in the doorway to move in order to permit me to get through. Would she do this? No. Would she even attempt to move a few centimeters so I could pass as I stood virtually nose-to-nose with her? Of course not.

My case in point here is that rude people are always out there. However, I have to say this was one of my rudest Dunkin' Donuts experiences, and I am going to totally blame it on the fact that it was early in the morning and no one had had their coffee yet. Thus, while the hazelnut experience is usually worth it, I have to say that I will probably avoid ever placing myself in this situation again. I just don't like doing the two-step with people quite so early in the morning.

No comments: