Wednesday, February 27

Sleepy Hollow

I have been aware of the tale of Sleepy Hollow and the headless horseman for some time. In fact, my introduction to the stage was in 3rd grade as the great Katrina Van Tassel from the tale. Then, there was the making of the movie with one of my favorites, Johnny Depp. However, it was not until yesterday that I came to know yet another incarnation of Sleepy Hollow.

I got to visit Sleepy Hollow, NY, or at least the immediate vicinity as I went on a site visit for work at the Tarrytown House. There was some talk at the close of the tour about how the headless horseman makes an annual visit to the estate, blowing through to the fascination of kids and adults alike. Instead of scoffing at this and laughing at the gullibility of those who would participate in such a silly thing, I thought to myself: "How cool is that for the imagination?" Just goes to show the magic of legend remains steadfast despite the passing of my years!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Your job sounds better than mine, lol. Nice to see you writing more frequently.

Anonymous said...

I love that you're writing again too!