Sunday, June 1

Addiction: America's Next Top Model

I am treading dangerous waters, apparently. Just last week, I saw a segment on Good Morning, America, which featured a woman who professionals would say is addicted to reality television. She DVR's and views somewhere around 38 a week. That's steep, even by the homebound standard. I don't think I quite qualify for the reality television addiction just yet, though.

I am, however, admittedly becoming more and more attracted to crazy marathons. Before, it was much less likely that I could watch them in their entirety because of timing. Being stuck home for 3 weeks has, however, changed this. Ironically, my first full marathon was America's Next Top Model, Cycle 5. The key to this viewing was, thankfully, the great DVR technology. I think part of my motivation for watching was to get them out of my DVR queue. How many folks would you want to see upwards of 8 episodes of America's Next Top Model in yours?

In any case, I thought this was a one time occurence. However, as I flipped through the trusty cable guide today, I noticed it was a new day of ANTM marathon on MTV! I will leave it a mystery whether or not I repeated the recording and viewing like above! Some things are just better left to secret.

No comments: