Wednesday, January 11

Upon Turning Thirty


Upon Turning Thirty

Every day is an adventure, taking me here and there,
I never know where it might stop or if I should even care.
But on this day, I ring in thirty, and more humbled I could not be,
I only hope the next ten are as fruitful as the first three.

My wishes are quite simple, I have only three,
To give to this world and receive of this world and have great company.

When the sun sets and the moon takes its place, when thirty is no longer new,
I will be lying in bed wondering what, in this decade, lies in lieu. 
And then a wise thought will slip gently into mind,
Reminding me of that something much more important to find.
That in my day, my every day, the most valuable thing that waits
Is the present moment at my hest, the one taking beautiful shape.

~ c.e. chase

No comments: