Wednesday, October 5

Falvey Library

It's a truly incredible phenomena how a day can be such an unproductive one, then I step foot in the Falvey Library on Villanova's campus, and I'm suddenly on intellectual fire!

So, the day started with a very long chat with my mother. It always does me so good to reconnect with my roots. Sometimes, you just need to purge yourself of all of those crazy thoughts that others may hold against you...and you're almost guaranteed to make it out okay if you do that with one who understands the context. For me, that's my mother. She's like the history textbook of the Chase family...and I was one of the chapters today. She opened right to it, and she helped me understand myself better--which is always nice.

Then, as a bunch of men cut down very large towering trees a couple feet from my room, I got my laundry done for the week. After showering and stuff, I headed out to get some reading done. On my way from Falvey to Borders, I made a caffeine pit stop...had a sugar-free caramel latte, and it was just what the moment called for. Spent most of the evening mingling with my Borders co-workers and shelving, which happens to be my new favorite hobby. It's a physical activity with books that you just don't get in reading them. After work, it was off to Sara's to learn the ways of a pro blogger. As she began the lesson, she treated me to some outstanding kisch, and we both indulged in a cookie from Hope's cookies in Bryn Mawr.

After struggling to work my way through the steps, I managed to just change the photo in my profile. The person with me in the picture is my closest friend from Wheeling, Kelly Strautmann. All I can say is you're meant to meet certain people in your life--and Kelly is one of those for me.

To close (and most reading this will totally read through this code talk), I think I'm realizing that all is going to be okay. Without those whom I'm constantly leaning on, I wouldn't be working through this though, so thank you...as St. Augustine appropriately observes, "It was well said that a friend is half of one's own soul." And you all do my soul so much good...

No comments: