Wednesday, January 4

The Newest Addiction


I received an iTunes gift card for Christmas this year, and I finally had time to put it to use last night. I have to blog on this experience because it was my first official iTunes experience...and definitely not my last. High praise is in demand for this business venture because it has so many perks. The fact that you can search for an artist and pull up all of their albums or search by a song and see all artists who have produced the song in the past is fantastic. Plus, the music is much cheaper and you don't have to buy an entire CD in order to enjoy a favorite song or two. Even more important, especially for starving students, is the fact that you can oftentimes purchase an entire CD for cheaper than $0.99 per song, which means it's much cheaper than buying retail. With the exception of this last perk, I believe I put all of these benefits to use in my buyage last night. Here's a record of my first iTunes expenditures:

1.) Purple (Stone Temple Pilots)- "Interstate Love Song"

2.) Grave Dancers Union (Soul Asylum)- "Runaway Train" [Major blast from the past]

3.) Tigerlily (Natalie Merchant)- "San Andreas Fault," "Wonder," "Beloved Wife," "River," "Carnival," "The Letter," "Jealousy," "Where I Go"

4.) Give Up (The Postal Service)- "Sleeping In"

5.) From Under The Cork Tree (Fall Out Boy)- "Sugar, We're Going Down"

6.) Stars: The Best of 1992-2002 (The Cranberries)- "Dreams," "Linger"

7.) What's Following Me (Eleanor McEvoy)- "Precious Little"

Fantastic music, fantastic shopping experience, and a good reminder of just how cool the iPod and all of its components are. Hazzah!

No comments: