Wednesday, January 4

In the Beginning...2006

I was lucky enough to close 2005 with a trip home to see those I love and with whom I have spent many years of my life. The week was one of catching up...on love, the town gossip, and the goings on with the kids. This picture pretty much sums up what I did with a majority of my time there. I just can't get enough of either of them. Sydni stuns me everytime I'm with her because she's growing into such a sensative little person...she convinced me to eat at least two Spree candy canes each time she visited my room...only so I would share them with her. Seth has taken to burrowing his head in your chest and grabbing your face with both of his little hands to show his love and appreciation. What a great thing to watch them grow into people from the little creatures they started out as.


While it was hard leaving them behind and heading back to Philadelphia, I had a great Dudley New Year's Eve party to attend, so things were looking up. I've realized that while my blog on 2005 was important for cleansing and moving out of the past year, it's just as important to focus on what I look forward to in the coming year. Here's a brief list:

1) Continuing to meet wonderful people in my new home. I've been so lucky in who I have met out here--at school, at work, and otherwise. My goal is to continue doing so. Life only continues to be enriched with every other human being I add.

2) Continuing to learn about myself and my goals. While most set resolutions at this time, I choose not to. Why? Well, I'm a firm believer that we change, as people, almost every day. So, what seems appropriate as a goal on January 1st probably won't withstand the changes that occur over the year. Instead of letting myself down, I will wake up each day and come up with a plan for the day. I see that this may simply be a product of my incredible problem with procrastination, but it works.

3) Building a better foundation. I find myself a little too impulsive sometimes, and this does not work well with reality. As a result, I am going to try to better focus myself. It's been hard doing so during the past 4 months, but I think it's a good thing to work on.

4) Have fun. One of my friends recently gave me advice for a specific situation in my life, and that advice was to laugh and have fun...not to take things too serious. I have decided to try to incorporate that into my everyday life. Stress is bad, and I invite it into my life too frequently...no more. I will remain steadfast in my venture to enjoy at least a majority of everyday.

This is sure to be a good year.
"The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back. Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark."
(Barbara Hall, Northern Exposure, Rosebud, 1993)

No comments: