Thursday, April 20

It's the Small Things

Today, I realized that while I totally divulge myself in all kinds of intellectual stimulation, there's really a lot to be said for simplicity and mindlessness. I guess you could point out a faint trace of creativity in this particular segment of my memoir, but that would definitely be stretching it.

As I was cleaning up my office towards the end of my work day, I came across the drawer that happens to be stuffed with all of the rubber bands that I receive each day from Roy, the campus mailman. Roy delivers the department's mail to me each day around 11am, and it's usually this mixed bundle of envelopes, carefully bunched together with high quality yet very monotonously colored rubber bands. Upon unpacking the mail bundle, I've made a habit of stuffing the 4 or 5 rubberbands in my desk drawer. So, today, when I opened that drawer, I immediately recognized the very uncleanly and disorganized aesthetic that the drawer gave off as a result of the scattered mass of rubberbands. It was then that I thought to myself how I've always enjoyed the genius behind those balls of rubberbands one can construct. But, I had no idea how to begin such a project. So, who did I turn to? Only one of my closest and most consistent friends: Google. After finding a "family fun" sight that gave the simple directions on how to start one, that's what I did. As a result, I have my very own rubberband ball creation and a clean drawer to kick it off. Ahhh...office life is good.

No comments: