Monday, July 3

I Got Air!!!

I never had a trampolene as a kid. I don't think I even had the small version of one...remember those predecessors to the now monsterous ones? Part of that was that my mother was a firm believer that you could get seriously injured on one, and another part of it was just that I don't think they were quite as popular then. Now they are.

So, last night, as we held the annual 4th of July gathering at my brother, Ryan's, I finally had a real run-in with the world of the giant trampolene. Sydni was very bored with the group of adults, who found sitting around with beer in hand much more fun than swinging on the swingset or running through the yard with her. Finally, I felt real guilt about her being bored, so I walked back to the back of the yard with her to jump on the big trampolene. We had a blast! I couldn't believe how much air you can get on those things...no wonder kids dig 'em so much! We finished and returned to the house. But, that wasn't the end of the trampolene...

When it was time for the Bethlehem fireworks, a group of us migrated to the back of the yard in order to have a prime spot for seeing the display. Well, my brother and I lacked all patience in waiting for the display, so we decided to take our turn together on the trampolene. And he taught me something fun and new. He told me to sit in the middle of the trampolene while he proceeded to jump very close to me...I flew feet in the air, and neither of us could stop laughing during this time. Oh...and did I mention that we're 24 and 27?

What I learned from this is that it's never too late to experience those things you may have missed as a kid. I never even lamented the fact that I had missed this activity...just think of what else I could have missed!

No comments: