Friday, September 22

Television's Homecoming

Fall is fantastic for several reasons. One of my favorite parts, though, is jumping back into the lives of my favorite casts. The month of September is always great because it's also a chance to check out either brand new shows or some shows that you've been meaning to catch but never could. And if the producers are suave and looking to gain a wider audience, then they do like the producers of Grey's Anatomy and recap the last season in clips and preview some of the coming storylines the hour before the season premier.

My favorites from last night had to be The Office and Grey's Anatomy. I have been a viewer of the BBC version of The Office; however, I have not stayed up on the happenings of the American version, which makes no sense because I really get the laugh out loud humor even more so on it than the BBC version. I like the BBC version (obviously, or I wouldn't have watched it), but it lacks those like Jim (who awesomely communicates with the camera), who really make the American version. For another fine review of last night's episode, check out The Midwestern Position.

Grey's Anatomy was one of those shows I sort of found by accident. I had heard others talk about it, but it didn't really sound like something I'd get into that easily. But, then I tuned in over the summer and watched virtually all repeats from last season. Dr. McDreamy is a major reason I continue to tune in, but the rest of the cast really catches the drama, irony and sarcasm that I enjoy in entertainment.

So, a wonderful night of TV...always a welcome change.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Michael Scott Rules, or should I say he is "faggy"