Sunday, August 26

Hello, Fall...Goodbye, Summer?

I'm not sure there's anyone who can say they truly dislike summer. But, I will admit that I am not its biggest fan. The extremes--both summer and winter--tend to make me long for the more moderate and unpredictable days of fall and spring. There's nothing I completely dislike about summer or winter, but they seem to get old much more quickly for me while the other two seasons don't seem quite long enough. A lot of people have commented on how quickly this summer has passed, and I guess it has. However, I am not mourning its end as some do.

Some sure signs that summer will soon be history...

I like the fact that my new fellow Jersians are waiting with bated breath for the summer shore population to go home and stop intruding on their turf. I like it that fall clothes are starting to show up in stores and that magazines are showcasing the new fall fashion trends. I have a friend from home who reminded me that WVU's football season will kick off next week, and I have been able to catch a few takes of preseason NFL games hitting the networks. Another friend of mine has already started her search for the ideal Halloween costume for this year's celebration. And last, but surely not least, there's the fact that pumpkin is slowly working its way back into menues nationwide; one of its first appearances--Dunkin' Donuts' pumpkin donut.

In addition to all of this, I highly anticipate the return of television. Summer has proven a great time to catch some new trial run shows like Heartland and The Closer. I've also had the chance to try out the 1st season of Weeds due to the summer hiatus that all of my regular shows take. All of this TV novelty has been great, but I have to say that the return of the Grey's Anatomy crew as well as Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters will be just a smidge more fulfilling.

No comments: