Tuesday, March 13

Sounds of Life

Having a new puppy in my home affords me the pleasure of communing with nature at daybreak every morning.  I love this aspect of puppy rearing.  Tucker the Goldendoodle is a bedtime champion, sleeping through the night without a peep, so this makes for a much more happy meet and greet with the morning. 

My favorite moment of the day is stepping out into the morning's dawn and hearing the sweet songs of the birds.  I've noticed much more tunes being sung just over the last week or so.  Their notes are so full of optimism and excitement at the new day's start that I can't help but play along.  I may still be rubbing the sleep from my mind's eye, but their songs definitely enrich this process. 

Just as winter's calm silence can be fulfilling experience to take in, so too can spring's sounds rejuvenate.  Tonight, as we set out for our after work walk, the kids were playing, the dogs were barking and the light of day was presenting us with it's extra stretch of grandeur (insert a hesitant thanks to daylight savings here).  All of the sounds of spring exude life.  I think we've reached the spring awakening! 

No comments: