Wednesday, April 25

Oh So Good


Today was a fun day, and when I say why, it will probably sound hideous.  Today was Tucker's 3 month visit to the vet.  I can't explain why I love his regular visits to the vet.  One possible explanation is that not very long ago at all, I repeatedly left the same vet's office with crushing news.  Now, though, I practically skip out because I get glowing reports about a happy and healthy beloved pet. 

In any case, my first most favorite part about the vet visit is getting Tucker in his car harness and seeing his realization that he, too, gets to come along with me.  I can see why this is so exciting for him since normally he watches me leave in the morning, is visited at noon by his Critter Sitter friends and doesn't see me until after 5pm.  Today, though, he joined me in the car as my trusty co-pilot and demonstrated his goldendoodle magic as a car companion.  I put his towel on the front seat, strap him in, and he settles in, oftentimes napping for the drive (although it is a mere 10 minutes).  When he decides to remain awake, he stretches his gigantic paw across the parking brake/console area and lays it on my arm or leg.  It's totally endearing and sweet.  The ride home is never any different.

Another thing I love about vet visits is I get to sit with Tucker, proudly allowing him to interact with all of the various clients, human and animal alike.  I affectionately refer to him as "the mayor" because he thoroughly enjoys interaction with just about anything and anyone.  He's one of the most social creatures I've ever come across.  In fact, he even loves his vet, which is amazing since every trip thus far has only included getting poked by needles. 

My last favorite part about vet visits with Tucker is he has a completely amazing and clean bill of health.  After two consecutive tragic experiences with beloved pets, I'm not sure I can take another situation of having to either put an animal to sleep or witness their sudden death due to unknown causes.  So, with each successful vet visit, I'm reminded of how incredibly lucky I am to have a very healthy and hearty pup on my hands. 

I, hands down, adore my new dog and cannot gush enough to properly convey the level of satisfaction this new bond brings with it. 

No comments: