Tuesday, February 7

Anomalies


I was listening to a mix today, and I started some serious jamming to a song that made me realize what anomalies exist in my otherwise predictable personality. The song? Kanye West's "Goldigger". Anyone who is reading this knows that my normal lineup (Dave Matthews Band, the Decemberists, Kings of Convenience, Indigo Girls, Bob Marley, etc.) doesn't include anything even distantly resembling rap. For some reason, though, when this song comes on, I want to jam. Could it be the lyrics? The cameo by Jamie Foxx? I just find it kind of funny. Could it possibly be that I have an inner ghetto nature that has not yet surfaced? And as I ponder it, I realize that this inner ghetto started years back...as in I had to return my favorite Salt n Pepa CD when my mother heard the lyrics. Here's a top 5 for my anomalies:

1) There was a period of time when I preferred my brother's Levi's over any pair of my own.
2) Cheetos are my favorite snack...but only when I can eat them with chocolate ice cream.
3) I love to shop...that is for groceries.
4) While some sing in the shower, I prefer to dance.
5) There was a time when I wished I had a southern accent.

These are revealing enough...please feel free to share your own personality anomalies!



No comments: