Tuesday, February 7

The Crush

I realize that when you attend an undergrad institution with two lit professors in the department, you don't really get a lot of choice on whom you will have your first official professor crush. My first real professor crush had to be a really hot male professor who taught Political Science at WJU. However, that can't count because it's not in my official field--Literature.

Now that I have arrived at Villanova, the prospects have multiplied ten times over. Whereas I had two female professors last semester, I lucked out and have two male professors this semester. I fell for both of them initially--one sports an adorable British accent with a great sense of humor while the other is somewhat reserved and pretty normal in all other ways. I realize at this point, though, that my first official grad school crush will have to be Vincent Sherry. I love his area of expertise--Modernism--and I love watching him slowly come out of his shell with the class. It was very funny because he couldn't stop laughing in class tonight as the R5 train continued to pass just about everytime we had to discuss anything sexual in class. It was like the unofficial bleep of the censors. Him laughing at that made me love him all the more.

Smart, handsome...and I guess a little more smart...these combine to make one fine professor crush.

1 comment:

Dreamlover said...

I totally have a crush on my professor as well!!

lol