Thursday, February 9

Kids are Funny

From the very early days of her life, I knew that Sydni would be a little soulmate for me. But, I never could have imagined what entertainment she would be. She's the first of the new generation, so I had never really had the chance, as the youngest in my family, to observe another little human growing into his or her shoes. I have been able to do this until I moved with Sydni, and I can't help by laugh when I look back.

What reminded me of how much I enjoy her sideshows were two comments she made during our past two phone conversations. Her first comment came from my simple question of what she was doing.

Comment #1: "We went to the bank because we needed money, and now we're going to breakfast." ( I thought this was fairly verbose for her 3-year-old self, so I tested her further and asked where they were going to breakfast.) "We're going to Bob Evans, and I want to see Elaine." (Elaine is her favorite Bob Evans server).

Comment #2: (Also resulting from me asking her what she was doing, but this time I asked because she was being a mute). "Aunt Courtney, I have to go because I have to eat my popcorn." (Priorities! I forgot kids could have them, too.)

I hope you all can get the same entertainment out of these as I know I have!

No comments: