Tuesday, May 9

Everybody, Meet MAC

I have a confession. After FedEx comes through with my 2 day expedited delivery, I will have my first real child. My laptop, a loyal Dell laptop, has indeed been my precious since I first bought it, and then there have been the iPods. But, I think the upcoming delivery will be the big one. I'm getting my very first Apple computer--an iBook--in the next couple of days, and I'm anticipating its arrival like a mother anticipating her first born.

Why would something like this mean so much to me? I'm not quite sure why, but I'm really looking forward to the arrival. I've thought about the fact that it's going to look very good juxtaposed with my sage green wall. I've thought about accessories I may have to get--case, printer, etc. I've thought of visits...will I be the type not wanting to take this new very vulnerable virtual life out? Or will I be a pround, confident type...ready to help this social butterfly begin to spread its wings?

Think the best Christmas in May ever, and that's what this is.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Welcome to the family.