Tuesday, August 29

Come posso saperlo? (How should I know?)

The first part of my title for today is in Italian...and it's actually not too terribly random! After several weeks of settling, I have decided to take the plunge and start creating my life here in Wheeling. The job and housing were kind of mandatory parts. But, I'm now starting down a novel Wheeling path. My time here in the past was very structured, so there was not too much choice involved in my life. It was pretty much school, work, and more work. Now, however, I'm getting used to days at work and some reprieve from that routine. A friend at work the other day mentioned how she was taking a class or two at Oglebay Institute this fall. I was more excited in this moment than I have been in awhile. So, I have decided to join her for one of the two classes she's taking.

I am going to be learning the Italian language. My co-worker and friend, Tara, is taking the class so that someday she can take a trip to Italy, eat the food, and speak the language. All of these sound like fabulous reasons to me! I've wanted to jump into some foreign language for some time...this is quite the opportunity for me. I look very much forward to this experience! Will I actually have the tools upon leaving this class to embark on my own Under the Tuscan Sun adventure? Come posso saperlo?!

No comments: