Sunday, January 29

Sunrise Songs


I can't think of a better way to start the day, than to wake up in the morning with a song playing so loudly in your head, minus any technological intervention, you can't ignore it.  This happened to me this morning, and as I reflected on it, it seemed like my subconscious DJ that chose the track had exercised some musical genius.  On a day when the sun was bursting through the window as I woke, Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" song was on loop in my mind.  What a great way to start the day with a sense of ease, happiness and optimism.  (As the 45 mph wind gusts blew the snow early in the evening, the tune had somehow faded, but it was an awesome start!)   

I'm curious now to track these sunrise tracks and see if there's any rhyme or reason to them.  Are they dependent on mood at bedtime?  Will the sunshine always encourage some awesomely optimistic and happy track?  These are the times I wish I could search through volumes of records of general population to find out such things about the wider world.  This is like the 100% certified organic of the iPod/iTunes shuffle setting. 

As I go to sleep tonight, I will beg my mind's DJ to not get stage fright and to please treat me to a brand new and enjoyable track tomorrow. 

  

No comments: