Wednesday, March 15

Lessons from a Spontaneous Adventure

Bala Cynwyd is an actual suburb--I had never visited this area. They have a great way of assuring one's confidence in being in their neighborhood; they have one street named Bala and one immediately following it named Cynwyd. This stretches out one's chance to feel confident that they are, indeed, still in the right burb.


The portions I remember from the Pittsburgh Olive Garden were far bigger than the portions atthe Philadelphia Olive Garden I visited last night. But, the real lesson I learned here is that if someone generously holds a door for you, then you should walk through that door and save yourself the pain of walking into a still locked alternative.

The Milkboy Coffee shop, a new business in the heart of Ardmore, is a fabulous new find. They have great atmosphere to offer, with soft couches as well as tables. They also offer wonderful desserts, and the peanut butter chubby is a great place to start. The coffee I had was just a "Brew of the Day," --mocha java--but it was so good that I didn't use any sweetner or cream, and it was some of the best coffee I've had.



Milkboy Coffee also has a Tuesday night open mic night. We only stayed for the first bit of this, but it seems like a great gig. I have to say that this would probably be one of the best ways to branch out in the Ardmore social scene. Most other places, everyone remains isolated in their personal sphere, but this seemed like a great way to go outside of that sphere in a friendly and warm setting.


Never be ashamed of even the most unpopular in your tastes for music. For the drive, we popped in some Genesis--and I think it was one of the best things I did in choosing the new Platinum Collection as my pick from the promos at work. I didn't even realize what a good collection it was until last night!

A great new set of finds...all in a night that, had Hugh had his voice, I would have been sitting in a classroom at Villanova! And in honor of him and his unintended illness, I'll sign off today with a little 'Pip, pip!'

No comments: